This healthy recipe for Thai beef salad combines seared steak with a spicy Thai mix of flavours.
- 100g rice vermicelli
- 400g beef schnitzel, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 60g salad leaves
- ½ cup shredded mint
- ¼ cup shredded coriander
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Soak vermicelli in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place beef into a bowl with the fish sauce, ginger, soy, vinegar and 2 teaspoons of brown
sugar. Stir to combine then leave to sit for 20 minutes.
- To make the dressing; add all the ingredients into a jar. Shake to combine.
- Heat oil in a frypan to high heat. Fry beef in batches until golden brown. Set aside
to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, place vermicelli, salad leaves, mint, coriander carrot and dressing.
Add beef and combine gently.
- Serve in individual bowls.